Wednesday, February 22, 2006

COFFEE, coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Have I mentioned how much I love coffee?! I LOVE IT! I love the smell of coffee. I love the taste. I love the cracked out effect it has on my little 115 lb body. I love the word coffee. It just sounds so harmonious to my ears. It holds promises of late nights and spontaneous cleaning frenzies. Its also the Life blood of my mornings. Breakfast of Champions. Its gotta be thick. Its gotta be black. Its gotta be able to stand a spoon strait up and down in the center of the cup. Not too hot though. I don't like to burn my tongue. Room temp to cold is about perfect. I don't mind a few grounds floating around in there, either. That just adds to the flavor. I don't even mind drinking what's left in the bottom of the pot after its been sitting all day. YUMM.
Last night I had a hankering for some coffee after work. I generally try not drink any after noon, just because the crash from sustaining a caffeine buzz like that all day is too much for me to bear. One minute I'm scrubbing the bathroom floor with a toothbrush, the next I am passed out like a drunk cheerleader at a frat party. So last night, about half way thru my reheated cup-o-black tar from the bottom of the pot, I start feeling the effects. My legs start tapping up and down to music I must have only been able to hear on a subconscious level. It had to have been some kick ass Megadeath or something, at the rate my legs were going. I kept standing up, feeling like I should have been doing something, then sitting down again, when I realized there was nothing I wanted to do. My hands were shaking, my mind was racing, and I swear even my eyeballs felt twitchy. Its okay to feel like that for a bit, but after a little while, it begins to wear me out. No one can sustain those high levels of energy for long. I figured out a solution, though. Now granted, this solution would not work at the office or anywhere else that would require driving at a later point. Its simple. Yeager. That's right. Yeagermeister. The evil, dark brown, NyQuill tasting, comes in a green death bottle, Yeager. (Cold of course) Yeager for me is a big downer. I do a couple of shots and instead of feeling slutty, I get lazy. Put enough shots in me and all I want to do is go to bed. Touch me, molest me if you must, but don't wake me up, even after its over. Honestly, I don't want to know what was done with my unconscious body. I mean, what if I like it and want it more?! Then your going to know just what a freaky bitch I really am. Its best just to play innocent. :o) So, to the counter the effects of a late evening coffee binge, do a couple of Yeager shots. The energy from the coffee was still pulsing thru me, but the Yeager got rid of the feeling of needing to be productive. It allowed me to calm down enough to stop my leg from bouncing up and down like crazy, and to play a little Need For Speed: Underground 2. When I mean I played "a little" it really amounts to about 3 hours of quality xbox time. Who plays "a little" xbox?!?
The Yeager seemed to get along with the coffee in my system really well. I had no hangover type feelings today, and none of that out of control drunk Yeager buzz either. The two came together in my blood stream and flowed harmoniously to my brain, neither of them fighting for control, just chilling, making me feel all warm, fuzzy and slightly tinglely.
MMM coffee and Yeager.. Life is Good.

No comments: