Monday, October 16, 2006

Belly and House Update

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yep, that’s my belly. Remember the flat little thing from The initial Preggo Post. I told you it would soon be gone. Replaced with this small little hump I like to call The Crib Lizard™. Have you ever tried to puff out your tummy real big just to see what you would look like pregnant? That’s what I think it looks like right now. Only it’s like that all the time, even when I'm relaxed. I hung out in my black and white tear away pants and a "tank top" yesterday that was kind of form fitting and I caught a glimps of myself in the mirror. I was shocked I looked like that. I guess I shouldn’t be. I mean, I'm growing a person inside me. Also I keep having aches, kinda like growing pains, so it’s not like I should be surprised. Ah well. I'm only going to get bigger. Be sure to keep watching for my infrequent updates and pictures. :o)

The house thing is going good. They are going to do some inspections and then we will know for sure if we actually want the place or not. I am totally tripping out how grown up all this is. I still feel like the person I was in junior high. Sure, I have more control over my gangly body, I shave my pits regularly, and I feel wiser, but to me, I still feel like I'm a kid. Now, when I actually take a moment to examine my life I find myself married, with a little one on the way, and looking to get into a 30 year mortgage, all willingly. What the hell happened? Life, I suppose. No matter how much we want to, we can’t stay kids forever. Then again, would we really want to? Remember that feeling when you first moved out of your parent’s house? I do, like it was yesterday. I remember the sense of freedom. "Yay! Now I can eat Coco Puffs for dinner every night if I want!" (I did too, for a good month) "Yay! No more curfews! I can stay out as late as I want!" (I did that too. James and I used to go cruising in her Duster til all hours of the morning.) The thing is, with the freedom came responsibility. Supporting myself, making sure I got to work and school on time, that I had enough money to pay my bills and still eat Scronic were all part of the freedom package.
Now, I am an adult. I have been supporting myself for several years, my parents, as wise and supportive as they are, have no more say in how I live my life. I always listen to their advice and try to do the right thing for the hubby and me, but at the end of the day, I have chosen my own path. Now I am taking on more responsibility and I feel like I am loosing a bit of that freedom I hungered for and enjoyed so much when I finally got it. Am I sad? Sure, a little bit. Sometimes, I wouldn’t mind going back to being 18 and mostly free. But would I really trade everything I have to do that? Probably not. I do love my hubby and I am thrilled to be having his/our baby. I can’t wait for The Crib Lizard™ to get here. I'm excited to move in to our first home of our own. I'm not that excited about the house payments, but we will get thru it somehow.

I guess what I'm trying to say, in a very rambling type of way, is that in the month of May, we shall play all day...oh sorry. Got off on a rhyming thing there. What I'm trying to say...eh hemm..is that although I'm tripping out over being a "grown up" I'm happy about it too. I'm entering in the next stage of adventures and I'm actually looking forward to it. I know it isn’t going to be all roses and walks in the park, but I think it will be exciting and rewarding.

I'll let you all know when I know when/if we are moving. Also, I'll post another pic of the belly when it gets a little bigger. (Probably not for a couple of months at least)

1 comment:

Leahtard said...

Awww, you're all growed up. I'm so proud of you. I wanna buy a house SO bad. But guess how much houses cost here. Bazillions of dollars. Seriously. Yikes. I would like to see you sometime. Let's try to work that out, a'ight?